dancing penguin

home page logo

[Home] [Chess] [Gallery] [Links] [Linux] [Palm] [GPG Key] [eBooks]

Bruno, long time ago

Categories...
Archives...
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 Changes in weblog

After upgrading to blosxom 2.0, I made some changes in this weblog, by:

  • Replacing my old crontab generated tree by blosxom's dynamic plugin.
  • Adding the archive plugin (the calendar list in the right column). I had to patch this one to make it XHTML 1.1 compliant.
  • Adding the paginate plugin, that gives links to next and previous pages, as well as to all available ones.
    This plugin is still buggy: The last entry in the last page is a ghost one, and it does not use the current category to compute the number of pages. This last problem is probably due to the structure of plugins itself.

I also switched my main page from Server Side Includes to a PHP one. In fact my SSI scripts were going really long, and difficult to maintain. With PHP I was able to rewrite the whole in a few lines, while still being able to fully control the page.
Eventually I added a lot of rewrite rules in my apache configuration, to be able to "hide" the most of the weblog structure (the php is hidden, old links are redirected, etc...).

[/technical/website] | permanent link | Google this